Disclaimer

Disclaimer
The thoughts expressed below are the author's and the author's alone but mind you only at the time they were written. There should be no assumptions made that the author feels or does what is written here all the time. Neither is it safe to assume that even one of the quirks is present in his usual behavior. This is a fair warning - The author is well versed in the art of pagan rituals (curses etc) and is not afraid to use it!!

Friday, August 27, 2010

First, the news - My friend just started to write a blog, I think it will help her get a new perspective of her life and how she wants to live it, and I just saw an episode of Scrubs and now feel immensely inspired by it.

People get their inspirations from such wondrous places - Newton found his from an apple that fell from the tree, Leonardo da vinci and the rest must have had some thing too, Archimedes came up with the theory from the bath tub he was in but then took it to a grade higher by running through the streets naked shouting "Eureka".

Me - My inspirations come from comics, cartoons, movies and comedy serials. I have already written a post about the inspiration I got from a comic in this blog - today is the chance for the Comedy soap to shine!!

First, the confession - I am a whiner, a needy approval junkie, people pleaser and constantly in need for help!!
Ok not all of those at the same time, not necessarily even one all the time. Comprende?

Damn - I better put that disclaimer banner soon or shits gonna fall from heaven - on my head.

So here is the deal - I know somewhere in my head that I am all these things so I make sure that they don't show. Most of the time when I am of saving the world (read - doing office work or being responsible for something) I don't even feel the presence of these little quirks of mine - but when I let loose and be myself, oops I am in trouble.

 I like to be assured that I am doing the right thing by some one who I respect - this is usually someone who i feel can do the job at hand better or seems to know how not to let these worries worry him or her. Any one who shows me up on any job becomes immediately some one who I worship - Disclaimer - not all the time - this happens in moments of extreme weakness. Damn!!

And now I think I need to remedy it - that too when I am up against some tough decisions which can make or break my career no wait my life!!

So what to do - fight my demons just when I need these crutches that I depend upon the most - or you know - postpone the whole problem for when there are clear blue skies?? Damn!!!

My mentor seems to have gotten wind of the fact already - he is already cutting the umbilical cord - Asking me to make my own decisions. See if I follow keep following his lead I will end up some place lower than if I do things myself and depend on myself. And it makes perfect sense - If I need his help all the time then I guess I am better off at a lower competition place! So there - Keep asking for directions - thus prove that you are incompetent and determined to stay that way - so go to the lesser place. Follow your own lead - thus prove that you are determined to change your habits and become self reliant - a quality you will need to survive in a tougher more prestigious situation - thus prove your worth and go to a better higher place.

Where do I get these brilliant ideas - from comedy soaps!

My ideas are great.

I suck!!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment