Disclaimer

Disclaimer
The thoughts expressed below are the author's and the author's alone but mind you only at the time they were written. There should be no assumptions made that the author feels or does what is written here all the time. Neither is it safe to assume that even one of the quirks is present in his usual behavior. This is a fair warning - The author is well versed in the art of pagan rituals (curses etc) and is not afraid to use it!!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To change a person

How do you change a person?

Even before you start asking this question you need to ask many more to build up enough structure to go on and ask how a person can be changed. Should you change a person? Can you change a person? Can a person change for real?

I know that I have changed. I cannot think in the manner I used to look at the world before. Is this permanent or will this too fade with time? I believe that the mindset of a person is always in a state of change. It continually moves from one side to another, waxing or waning in different regards. So do I have reason enough believe that change can happen and that too through my hands?

I have just been told that change can come only from interaction and not from convincing someone. I believe that. There is no way I can change someone's mind by arguing with the person. It makes no sense doing this. There is no way someone with any ounce of self-respect would change his long term thoughts and ideas over a few minutes of strong willed arguments. It has to come in some what of a more subtle manner. A continuous transmission of ideas and experiences. A constant flow of discussions and exchanges. And letting go of the illusion of control that I can affect a change. I can instead only be part of the larger scheme of things....the way on which the person in question decides to change himself. I can really only be an actor in the process....

If you ask me.....I am happy being just that. For the time being....!!

Later then

No comments:

Post a Comment