Disclaimer

Disclaimer
The thoughts expressed below are the author's and the author's alone but mind you only at the time they were written. There should be no assumptions made that the author feels or does what is written here all the time. Neither is it safe to assume that even one of the quirks is present in his usual behavior. This is a fair warning - The author is well versed in the art of pagan rituals (curses etc) and is not afraid to use it!!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Food for thought

Points:

1) we put our complete efforts only when we see a future in that effort.

When I am preparing for FPM interviews - I am thinking that I must learn statistical methods. I don't feel motivated because I know that it will have an effect only till the interviews. So eventually I will fail to put in as much muscle as I can.

What to do?

Think long - This preparation is not only limited to my interviews - these are statistical methods - these will help me later on in my research as well. Even if they do not help in the research they will help in my understandings of other research.

When I decide to work on something that will help me in the future - I will be able to put in my 100%.
I should also think that this preparation will help me in short time preparations in my career as well. This will help me in cases where I have to prepare something in a short time.

So everything that needs to be done must be done with some thought behind it. Else I can never put in my max. If I am put in my max - I need to reason with my mind as to how it will help me - even if the result is futile - the exercise alone should have some effect.


More on this as the idea evolves......


Question2

Why is it that whenever I am sad, I feel like speaking with someone?
It is not that I always look for support or for sympathy. Then why do I feel like this. Is it weakness?
And if at all - should I give in to it??

If I stop, will I be alone and cut off from society? Will that be a bad thing?





No comments:

Post a Comment