Disclaimer

Disclaimer
The thoughts expressed below are the author's and the author's alone but mind you only at the time they were written. There should be no assumptions made that the author feels or does what is written here all the time. Neither is it safe to assume that even one of the quirks is present in his usual behavior. This is a fair warning - The author is well versed in the art of pagan rituals (curses etc) and is not afraid to use it!!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I am Placed....!!!

I dont know if I had made any mention of the fact that I was preparing for a placement interview. Well I was...and I made it.

It happened yesterday morning. I had a bad cold and a sore throat. It was all looking bad.

I walked in to the college back gate. the car was not there. The nutter was supposed to be there.
It was already time. 

I walked over to the Taxi Station.....the nutters were still there. I ask them:"Boss, What happened?????"

Well the driver in context was washing clothes......

So he comes and sits in the car....the car won't start.....!!!! Horror Horror......


So here I am, in my nerves, shaking in the morning cold and my nervous sweat and the nut of a cr won't start.


Well the started 'Push Starting' it. So my driver is in the car and they start pushing.....

He does not turn in time and the car backs into some pots in the building right in front of the Taxi Station.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now I am late...I have a Driver who moonlights as a Washerman....or the other way around and he drives like a nut.....atleast backs like one....!!!

Well the Pots and Plants were cleared and the driver was delt some mean blows on the head by the other fellas....as if he was not dazed enough!

I walk over to him....he seems ok....a sorry grin on his face. 

Me: "Bhayia, Gurgaon ke raste aate hain?"

Driver(Nut): "Haan aate hain"

Me: "Globas Business Park pata hai?"

Driver(Nut): "Woh aap bata dena"   

Me:"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

F@!#@#$@#

I specifically told those fellows that I want a guy who will know where Global Business Park will be. I told then that my road sense sucks!!!!!

This morning was really turning into something. 

So we leave, me and my semi-dazed driver.

We reached the place all right. Even though it seems that we arrived in the reverse manner..as in we reached the destination without crossing the landmarks we were supposed to cross. Just when we were expecting to see the landmarks, I see this building that looks just like the one I was supposed to be in.

Well Well....All is fine. I ask my Driver to give me his number so that I can call him in case we were in the wrong place or if he went some palce andI needed him. 

Driver(Certainly a Nut): "Woh toh waheen raha gaya"

I have yet not experience a more promising morning.

So I walk into this big building.....with huge walls and pillars....as if I don't know that they are trying to intimidate me with them....huh!!

I walk into the Office and Voila!!!!  Everything just changed......

The air was different or some instinct had just kicked in....I was not feeling like the fippity flappity fish out of the water any more.

The suit felt more like my skin than I had ever felt. There was something different there. Something that felt like it should have come earlier and I was wondering why it did not, but I had no idea wht it was.

But it was there.

I had reached the office an hour early. But they were ok with that. The person who was to interview me was there. So I was called in.

From there on everything went wrong.....but it was all right!!!

I answered all the questions wrong! "Some thing about yourself"....I never prepare for that question because I answer impromptu...and suddenly I didnot know what to say.

Then there were some concept questions and even then I was having a tough time finding my feet in the whole process. But somehow my answers kept hitting the right places.

The right notes...the right kind of rhythm. The guy was liking what I was saying. He was forgiving what I was saying wrong....I was making good comebacks from every rebuke....!!

I was still some kind of daze. My voice was sounding alien to me.....apart from the fact that it was sore but still...alien.


And then it happened.....He asked me a question that has tortured me throught my life....

"What is 2.5% of 7"

I suck so badly at maths that I can die from it. I said...guessed...".0028"

"Think Again" he said....

Well I could figure out that it was 175 but how many decimals.....shit I was so blowing it.....

".00175"...it was a guess and I was betting my life on it.

"Right"...he said.....

And it was done....

He shook my hand and said it was good....I have given a good interview he said....


I had my appointment letter in my hand after 10 mins.

I have a job now....yeah....Level 1 "Cleared"


Onto Level 2 - "The on Job performance"

Bring it on....I am game...!!

later 
tata

 







No comments:

Post a Comment