Disclaimer

Disclaimer
The thoughts expressed below are the author's and the author's alone but mind you only at the time they were written. There should be no assumptions made that the author feels or does what is written here all the time. Neither is it safe to assume that even one of the quirks is present in his usual behavior. This is a fair warning - The author is well versed in the art of pagan rituals (curses etc) and is not afraid to use it!!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life in Kolkata – 1 – The Beginning.

There was so much that I wanted to say but I had no net connection then. Things here have been a mix of good and bad but much better than worse. Remember the thing I said about the “Secret”. That thinking positive can make a difference. Well guess what it did. And I will tell you how.

It all worked out. Even the Godfather thing. I got to try out the Godfather techs as well. It was crazy. But they will all come one by one. Will tell all. I think I will write one blog post in one day. That way I should be able to complete all that I want to say.

To start at the beginning, I landed in Kolkata at about 8:15 AM. The minute I landed I knew that the air was a whole lot thicker than in Delhi and that sweating would be a serious problem. I took a taxi to the Kolkata East branch office. This is where the fun begins. I land in front of this popular office complex where the office is supposed to be and the guard tells me that the office has moved. !!!!!!!!!!!

I am in sweltering heat with a carry suitcase, a handbag and a backpack and this fellow tells me that the office is not there. Where then is it? He does not know.

So here is where the magic of the “Secret” starts to work. I could have beaten myself over it or gotten angry at the Head office for not letting me on the right address. But I took the other way round. I decided to avoid letting the bad things come to my mind. That is what the “Secret” says. I had to lug my luggage for some time but I reached the office. This is where all started going north. My trainer was great and the office people seemed all nice.

The same thing happened in the evening. I had to get to this hotel in some part of town that I no idea about. And just when I was thinking that I was in a fix, 3 girls helped me. Can you believe that? 8:30 PM in the streets and 3 girls agree to hold on to my luggage so that I can sit in front with the autowala and travel. In Kolkata there are no meter autos. Only shared shuttles. Then not only did they help me there but even helped me into a crowded bus.

I mean everything was working like the universe was actually conspiring to make things work for me. It seemed that I had some guardian angel working for me. And this was just the beginning. There are so many other things that happended that made me think that the “Secret” thing really works. But all that in the next post. Till then.

Tata.

No comments:

Post a Comment